Recalls & Warnings
ConsumerLab.com is keeping you informed with current product recalls and warnings.
Posted May 30, 2017
Beef Bone Broths Recalled
No confirmed reports of adverse reactions or illness due to consumption of these products. However, the recall is identified by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) as a Class I recall, meaning that where there is a" reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death."
Recalled Cauldron Broths were produced and packaged between December 21, 2016 and May 22, 2017 and shipped to retail locations in the state of Washington, as well as direct to consumers nationwide through internet sales. They bear an establishment number "EST. 45953" inside the USDA mark of inspection, and can be identified by the following:
- Vital Choice GRASS-FED BEEF BONE BROTH (24-fl. oz. individual plastic pouches), Best Buy Dates: 1/15/2018, 1/18/2018 and 3/28/2018
- CAULDRON BROTHS BEEF BONE BROTH (24-fl. oz. individual plastic pouches), Best Buy Date: 12/21/18.
- CAULDRON BROTHS ORGANIC CAULDRON'S CURE (24-fl. oz. individual plastic pouches), Best Buy Dates: 1/15/2018, 1/18/2018 and 3/28/2018
- CAULDRON BROTHS GLACE DE VIANDE (1-gal. individual plastic containers), Best Buy Date: 1/30/18
- CAULDRON BROTHS GLACE DE VIANDE (8-fl. oz. individual plastic containers), Best Buy Date: 3/4/18
Consumers who have purchased these products should not consume them, but should throw them away or return to the point of purchase for a full refund.
ConsumerLab.com will be testing bone broth protein supplements and heat and drink bone broth products in the future.
See this related CL Answer: